The Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management (MGLuxM) is a 12-month postgraduate program that will help you transform into an expert manager in the global luxury industry. Developed by SP Jain School of Global Management and MIP Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business, the program offers a holistic understanding of developed luxury markets like Europe and the application of marketing, sales and retail concepts in rapidly emerging markets like India. The industry-centric curriculum and real-life projects, undertaken both in Mumbai and Milan, will help you gain an in-depth knowledge of the entire gamut of the luxury industry in significantly distinctive markets.
MGLUXM – Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management
GAIN SKILLS TO EXCEL IN THE LUXURY MANAGEMENT INDUSTRY IN DEVELOPED AS WELL AS RAPIDLY EMERGING MARKETS.
WHY CHOOSE US
- in partnership with S P Jain, School of Global Management
- 12-month full-time programme which allows students to study in Mumbai and Milan
- study tours to companies in some of Europe’s top luxury centres such as: Leather, Automotive, Fashion, Winery, Art and Hospitality Industry in Italy, Timekeeping Instruments in Switzerland, Perfumery, Winery (Champagne) and Jewellery in France
- designed for freshers and professionals with 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience who wish to broaden their knowledge in the luxury goods and services sector and transition to managerial roles in international luxury management
For further information, please visit SP Jain website.
In both the cities, Mumbai and Milan, students get the chance to meet industry experts and leaders, undertake live projects, and visit brand stores to gain a first-hand understanding of how the sector works. Students also get the opportunity to visit some of the famous luxury capitals of the world like France, Switzerland and Italy.
On successful completion of the 12-month program, students will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from S P Jain School of Global Management and an internationally recognised ‘Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management’ degree from MIP Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business, Milan.
The first part of the programme, held in Mumbai, introduces students to the world of Global Luxury Management through interactions and networking sessions with experts from the luxury industry. It helps them:
- Understand Indian luxury consumers, products & services, and the marketing, financial and operational aspects of the domestic luxury industry
- Understand Indian markets from a multicultural perspective
- Understand idiosyncrasies of the luxury sector in emerging markets
In the second term of the programme, held in Milan, students dive deep into the value creation process of luxury management – from brand creation and innovation to operations, distribution, retailing and service quality. In the second term, students will:
- Turn design into luxury products and collections
- Turn superior craftsmanship into operations excellence
- Create luxury experiences through communication and retail
- Get exposed to the luxury industry in Milan and neighbouring European luxury capitals
The final term of the programme is dedicated to project work in India or Milan, allowing students to put their classroom lessons to practice. The project could be a report from an optional internship, an essay describing a business plan for a luxury start-up, market analysis or a desk research on a specific topic or industry. In the final term, students must:
- Create a plan for a new luxury brand or business (ideal for those who wish to start their own luxury business or upgrade their existing business to a luxury business)
- Undertake research in an area of international luxury management
- Pursue an internship with a luxury brand
The four months that students spend in Milan also include trips to neighbouring European countries like Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France to explore local luxury brands, meet market analysts and interact with heads of prestigious local firms. The programme includes dedicated study tours to companies and businesses in world-renowned markets like Paris, Switzerland, Germany.
- Wine Region - Champagne
- The Leather Markets - Florence
- Popular Watch Brands - Neuchatel
- Luxury Auto Businesses - Stuttgart and Munich
On successful completion of the MASTER IN GLOBAL LUXURY GOODS AND SERVICES MANAGEMENT (MGLuxM) programme, students will witness huge opportunities in the luxury and premium sectors both in India and abroad. Participants will be able to apply their knowledge and skills in the fields of marketing, sales, branding, communication, operations and product development, marketing strategies in product, fashion, automobiles, services, consulting and e-commerce companies. It also provides huge opportunities to launch entrepreneurial ventures in the luxury space
The Career Development teams of S P Jain and MIP organise networking events and industry workshops for students throughout the course of the program. This collaboration facilitates mentorship and gives students access to a wide network of professional contacts that can be leveraged over the course of their careers.
The Master in Global Luxury Goods and Services Management (MGLuxM) program is ideal for:
- Young graduates with at least a bachelor’s degree of three years from a recognised university in India or abroad
- Students who have an aptitude and appetite to work in the luxury space
- The program will be taught in English. Hence, an adequate level of proficiency in English and good written and spoken communication skills is a must
- Students must also be able to display leadership and managerial skills, and be willing to meet the demands of a rigorous master’s degree
To apply for the programme you will be asked to provide:
- University degree transcripts
- Passport copy and photo
The Admission Committee will shortlist candidates based on several criteria, including past academic performance, work experience (if any), and other information provided to us. Usually, this process takes up to 5 working days.
Interview and evaluation:
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for further evaluation (Evaluation Fee of 100 Euros to be paid before the evaluation)
- As part of the evaluation process, you will have to give a written and personal interview
- A verification process will be conducted by MIP Politecnico for candidates who have been selected for admission to the program
- On successful verification, an offer is made within 10 working days
- Candidates must confirm their acceptance within 2 weeks of receiving the offer by paying the Registration Fee
SP Jain School of Global Management is a leading Australian business school that provides modern, relevant and practical global business education. With campuses in the dynamic business hubs of Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore and Sydney, SP Jain Global is renowned for pioneering and offering the world’s first tri-city undergraduate and postgraduate programs. For its flagship Global MBA program, the School has been ranked year after year by reputed international publications such as Forbes, Financial Times and The Economist. Globally intelligent and culturally agile, an SP Jain Global graduate is empowered with the skills and confidence to drive decisions and take on the global challenges of the 21st century.
Via Lambruschini 4C - 20156 - Milano - MI
A talk with the Master's Director and Alumni We would like to invite you to the online presentation of our Master in Design and Management of Sport Infrastructure (MDMSI). Do not miss the opportunity to find out more about this format, taught in both Italian and English, with classes that can be ...