Do you want to pursue or boost your career in sport management? Discover the Master in Sport Design and Management realised by Politecnico di Milano in collaboration with the main Italian sports institutions: CONI, FIGC, Istituto per il Credito Sportivo and Lega Serie A.
Master in Sport Design and Management
Sport infrastructures among places, culture, technology, sustainability, inclusivity, and business.
WHY CHOOSE US
The Programme is dedicated to young graduates wishing to start their career in the world of sport management or professionals who want to grow further by developing specialised skills in the design and management of sport infrastructure.
Our faculty includes many practitioners who will teach our students. Some examples:
- Understanding the management of the Estadio San Mamés, home of the Athletic Bilbao, introduced by the Stadium Manager, Borja Gonzalez
- Understanding how the Amsterdam Arena works, the most advanced sports structure in Europe, explained by the CEO Henk Markerink
- Learning more about “Stadium Operations and Stadium Management” together with Martin Murphy, Stadium Manager of the AVIVA Stadium in Dublin
- Listening to Pietro Chiabrera and Lee Guerriero, UEFA Pitch & Technology Specialist, who speaks on the subject of: “Infrastructure for football. The UEFA approach"
- Understanding the "Milan-Cortina 2026: an urban vision" project with the Project Leader Francesco Romussi, the Olympic athletes Ondřej Hotárek and Valentina Marchei, the city planning councillor of the Municipality of Milan, Pierfrancesco Maran
- Discovering the new PALALIDO Allianz Cloud in Milan with its designers and managers
- Talking with the volleyball champions Filippo Lanza, Matteo Piano and Andrea Zorzi
- Learning best practices directly from the protagonists: Barcelona, Liverpool, Nice and many others
- Following closely the main development projects of Italian stadiums in progress: Atalanta, Bologna, Udine, Pisa, Bolzano, Flaminio di Roma and many others
- Discovering the great events and cycling infrastructures with the protagonists: Alessandro Martinello, Marco Villa and many others
- Networking with important companies, engineering and architecture design studios: TEKNE SpA, CMR Projects, GARE Engineering, TECO + Partners, ARCHEA Associati, Benedetto Camerana and Partner and many others
- Meeting Francesco Gianello, Head of Stadium and Facilities, during his report on the Allianz Stadium management
- Discovering the role and secrets of the Ground's Managers together with Giovanni Castelli, Agronomist-consultant Lega Serie A and Lega B, and with Giovanni Pifarotti, Director of Stadium Operations and Sport International Relations at F.C. Internazionale Milano Spa.
The Programme includes, among its partners, the leading sports companies and institutions:
The programme aims to train professionals to be able to work in the following areas:
- architecture and engineering firms;
- Italian and international engineering companies;
- professional associations;
- sports societies;
- leagues and federations;
- public administrations and local authorities;
- construction and real estate companies;
- services for sports, wellness and entertainment;
- institutions responsible for the certification of quality management systems.
At the end of the Master and upon completion of all the scheduled activities, the 1st or 2nd level University Master’s Degree is issued by Politecnico di Milano. This degree will be of I level, if in possession of a three-year Bachelor’s degree (Laurea Triennale), or of II level if in possession of a Master’s degree (Laurea Magistrale).
The Master lasts 12 months and it is delivered both in Italian and in English. Classes are scheduled on a monthly basis at MIP or online (once per month on Thursday-Saturday) and every Monday in digital learning (7.00-9.00pm CET). The Master includes outdoor activities. At the end of the Master students will discuss their Project Work.
Emilio Faroldi – Politecnico di Milano
Davide Allegri – Politecnico di Milano
Andrea Abodi, Istituto per il Credito Sportivo
Oscar Bellini, Politecnico di Milano
Stefano Bellintani, Politecnico di Milano
Marco Brunelli, FIGC
Maddalena Buffoli, Politecnico di Milano
Luca Buzzoni, ARUP
Francesco Calvetti, Politecnico di Milano
Stefano Capolongo, Politecnico di Milano
Andrea Ciaramella, Politecnico di Milano
Alfredo Cigada, Politecnico di Milano
Stefano Della Torre, Politecnico di Milano
Niccolò Donna, FIGC
Antonio Marchesi, Deloitte
Alberto Miglietta, former CONI Servizi SpA
Ingrid Paoletti, Politecnico di Milano
Andrea Rolando, Politecnico di Milano
Carlo Rotellini, TECO + Partners
Luca Stabile, ARUP
Maurizio Teora, ARUP
Michele Uva, UEFA
Eliana Ventola, Istituto per il Credito Sportivo
Federico Venturi Ferriolo, LCA Studio Legale
Maria Pilar Vettori, Politecnico di Milano
Sports infrastructure. History. Evolution. Technologies
National and international regulations for the quality design of sports spaces
Principles for the evaluation and economic-financial planning of complex projects
Tools, models and technologies for evaluating complex projects
Planning of Sports infrastructures
Sociology and media-communication of sport
Environmental balance, sustainability of buildings for sports and major sporting events
Sport, wellness, health, Principles of environmental hygiene
Principles for the BIM approach
System and energy technologies for environmental sustainability
Innovative and Technologies construction systems
Product, materials and process technologies: best practices and case histories presented by leading companies in the sector
Engineering of large complex structures: practices and case histories presented by companies, engineering and architecture firms
Flow engineering principles: best practices and case histories
Principles of Integrated Management
Facility Management: best practices and case histories presented by leading companies in the sector
Project Financing and Public Private Partnership: approaches, tools, best practices
Sports infrastructures and big-events: match-operations and best-practices
Italian Best Practices (stadiums / arenas and sports integrated centers)
International Best Practices (stadiums / arenas and sports integrated centers)
In addition to the more traditional classes, the Master includes outdoor activities that allow students to put what they have learned into practice, thanks to the insights of sport management professionals.
2 intensive 4-day workshops at:
– Centro Tecnico Federale FIGC “Luigi Ridolfi” in Coverciano, the Italian National Football Team’s primary training ground;
– “Giulio Onesti” Olympic Preparation Center in Rome.
Site Visit and Match Day: meetings with sport management professionals
Workshops on specific projects
Seminars at the headquarters of companies and public institutions
The Project Work, with a practical approach, is a concrete project which students will have to complete during the Master, supported by an academic tutor. The final paper will be presented in front of the academic committee at the end of the Master.
The Programme is dedicated to both graduates and professionals with a Bachelor’s or a Master’s Degree in any discipline.
Selections for the 2021 intake are open! Fill out the online form on the www.applyformasters.net platform and attach the following documents (in English):
- degree certificate or self-certification;
- motivational letter;
- passport copy;
- passport photo;
- receipt of the application fee of 50 euros. This amount can be paid online on the application platform itself, via Flywire* or through a regular bank transfer).
*You can easily pay your tuition and fees online via Flywire, our preferred payment partner. Flywire provides a secure global payment network that simplifies paying your fees from your home country and countries around the world. Payment options can include bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more, typically in your home currency for most countries.
It is possible to apply, take part in the selections and enroll in the 2021 edition of the Master starting in November even if you have not yet obtained your Degree. What is important is that all scheduled exams have been passed by the start of the Master.
Once the application has been submitted, candidates will be contacted by the Recruitment Staff to complete the first selection phase, which includes a video interview. If successful, a second interview with the Master’s Direction will follow.
FEES & BENEFITS
The cost of the Master is €12,000 + €500 of university fees.
The tuition fee reserved only for graduates or undergraduates of Politecnico di Milano (all degrees) is €6,500. The cost of the course is divided as follows:
- Enrolment fee at Politecnico di Milano of €500 per student
- Master’s tuition fee of €6,000 per student
Contributions available for candidates:
- MIP 4 Women to enhance gender diversity in the classroom
- Country-Based contributions for international candidates
- High Flyer contributions for deserving candidates
International candidates with Italian residency and Italian candidates can also access student loans to cover the tuition fee and other expenses. For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Management of Politecnico di Milano once again among the world elite in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking, with its programmes standing out for Employability and Return on Investment The specialist educational programmes at MIP Politecnico di Milano, the Graduate School of Busi ...
Via Lambruschini 4C - 20156 - Milano - MI
A talk with our students We would like to invite you to the online presentation of our International Executive Master in Project Management (ieMPM). Do not miss the opportunity to find out more about the new format, entirely delivered in English and in digital learning, which will start in Novem ...