Securing accommodation is one of the most important aspects of your time in Milan. Finding the right place at a price that is suitable for you, means you will avoid unnecessary worry and will be able to devote more time to your studies. Many accommodation providers offer a variety of rooms and apartments types, with both shared and single bedroom options. Students looking to keep the costs of living down should consider a shared room option.

We ask you to consider your accommodation several weeks prior to your arrival at MIP. Non-EU students should be aware that proof of accommodation may be necessary in order to complete an application for a student visa.

You have the options to book through a MIP agreed provider, or to arrange accommodation privately. For short stay accommodation, write to iso@mip.polimi.it to learn about available options.


  • MIP is in the Bovisa area of Milan, served by the urban railway line (S trains). The closest stops are Bovisa and Villapizzone, both 3 minutes walk from our campus
  • Ideally, travel time from your domicile to MIP should be maximum 45 minutes on public transport
  • As a general rule, all agreed providers will require you to pay a deposit which will be given back to you at the end of your study period (providing there is no unacceptable or unreasonable damage to the room)
  • Each provider has its own set of guidelines and conditions for residents. Please be prepared to accept these conditions before confirming a booking
  • Providers generally have a set minimum stay, varying from 1 to 6 months, according to the type of accommodation chosen
  • When renting privately, be aware of frauds. If an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is
  • When renting privately, be wary of property owners not wanting to sign and register a contract. Use your best judgment to avoid fraud; negotiate no payment or a lower payment prior to arrival and ask for your property owner’s i.d.
  • Request for your housing contract to be registered at the Italian Taxation Office (Agenzia delle Entrate). This is required by the law. An unregistered contract has no validity

If you are a non-EU student, you may be required to provide proof of accommodation in Italy when you apply for your study visa. If you do require proof, there are a couple ways you can provide this:

  • you may be able to use your accommodation contract as proof that you have acquired suitable accommodation for your stay
  • agreed providers will be able to provide you with a letter confirming your booking, upon your request


You can freely contact our accommodation partners and book your room directly through them. The details and instructions can be found by clicking on the provider’s name.

MIP Shareholders