These masters are designed to train a new generation of data-savvy professionals to be able to manage complex business analytics problems across a variety of different industries and environments. They are innovative programmes based on a holistic educational experience, where theory and practice are fully interlaced through the continuous support of companies and international partners. Furthermore, being in constant relationship with the Big Data Analytics & Business Intelligence Observatory of the Politecnico di Milano, the courses are at the forefront of research on ICTs for big data analysis and management.
International Masters in Big Data
Length: 12 months
Tuition fee: € 18.500
3 or 4 year Bachelor’s degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Management or scientific disciplines
International Masters Admissions Office
Tel : +39 02 2399 2820
email : email@example.com
WHY CHOOSE US
- 1 year: 9 months in class + 3 months of project work
- 100% taught in English
- innovative programmes, based on a holistic educational experience
- At the forefront of research on ICTs for big data analysis and management
- International focus with exposure to global industries and international faculty
- A combination of theory and practice, supported by companies and our international partners
- Providing the ability to combine advanced analytical tools with business processes to improve decision-making and exploit new opportunities
- Acquisition of the methodological and technical background required to select, apply or even design effective predictive methods for the business domain
- Teaching the ability to gain valuable insights from big data extraction, processing and interpretation
The master prepares students for career positions which revolve around the roles of data scientist, business analyst and big data manager, and might include amongst others:
- Data Users: Business people in the end-user corporate community able to exploit insights from data to make better decisions
- Data Producers: Data analysts able to use the appropriate tools to convert analytical problems into analytical solutions
- Data Interpreters: Professionals able to understand both users and producers, establishing successful communication between them
Some of our TOP EMPLOYERS:
Graduates of previous editions are now working in leading companies such as: Diesel, IBM, Intesa Sanpaolo Spa, Lastminute.com, Carrefour, Amazon, SIA, Hilti, Deloitte, Vodafone, McKinsey.
The master prepares students for, amongst others, the following roles:
- Big Data Analyst
- Supply Chain Planner
- Demand Planner
- Logistics Manager
- Process Engineering
- Purchasing Manager
- Product Manager
- Risk Manager
The master prepares students for, amongst others, the following roles:
- Big-Data Analyst
- Real-Life Data Analyst
- Clinical Trial Analyst
- Patient Pathway Analyst
- Healthcare Marketing Analyst
- Healthcare IT Analyst
- Digital Transformation Analyst
The Masters in Big Data are 12-month Master programmes offered by MIP. They are designed to train young and highly-motivated candidates to achieve a series of formative goals through an experiential approach to both intellectual studies and hands-on application with labs, business cases, contributions by industrial partners and companies, and internships. Besides the participation of distinguished interdisciplinary academics from Politecnico di Milano and other prominent international institutions, together with renowned partners, the Masters also offer international faculty and exchange programmes.
The masters are entirely taught in English.
Please note that these programmes are designed for fresh graduates with less than 3 years of work experience. Candidates can apply for the programmes starting in September 2021 if they have completed their bachelor/master degree not earlier than 2018. Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree/master degree before 2018 can consider our International MBA programs.
- In partnership with IBM and in collaboration with CEFRIEL
- Ranked at the 5th position in the TOP 2019 Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking
- Ranked at the 45th position in the QS Business Analytics Masters Rankings 2021 (Global)
The programme includes highly customised services of Career management thanks to MIP Career Development Office. Among the services offered:
- CV Book
- Free access to MIP Global Network of Career Website
- One-to-one career advice meetings
- Personal Development workshops to help students develop the soft skills necessary to be competitive in nowadays job market
- Networking events with employers, such as company presentations, company visits, recruiting on Campus events, Career Days
- Preferential access to internship and job advertisement on the School Career Digital platform “JobTeaser”
QTEM, Quantitative Techniques for Economics and Management, is an international network bringing together outstanding students, Academic Partners and International Corporations. The network develops skills in analytical and quantitative techniques to support decision-making in an international context. The QTEM Master’s programme is open to outstanding students enrolled at Academic Partner institutions.
Through this experience, students can join the leading, globally-recognised network of internationally-minded and quantitatively-trained decision-makers. The programme helps to develop skills in analytical and quantitative techniques and decision-making in an international context by bringing together outstanding Students, Academic Institutions and International Corporations. After completing the programme, students will receive the QTEM Supra-National Certificate.
All QTEM students are outstanding scholars who have been selected through a competitive selection process by a QTEM Academic Partner amongst the best students enrolled in one of the QTEM Masters.
Candidates who would like to apply for this unique opportunity should fulfil the following criteria:
- be a participant of the BABD programme
- possess a high level of proficiency in English
- possess a high quantitative proficiency
- have a valid minimum GMAT score of 650 (or GRE equivalent)
Considered a plus:
- international experience
- professional/extra-academic experience
You can find out more on QTEM’s official website.
Students with 3- or 4-year Bachelor's degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in the areas of Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Science or Statistics from Accredited Institutions are eligible for the programme. Knowledge of English is a compulsory requirement.
The programmes are 12 months long.
The programmes are taught in English.
No, as the medium for the course is English, students are not required to learn Italian, although they will be given the opportunity to do so.
Class size is limited to ensure the best ratio between students and faculty as well as students and staff. You can expect c.30/35 students on the course.
No, but the average age of the candidates is 20-25 years.
Upon graduation, candidates obtain the First Level University Specializing Master from Politecnico di Milano which is recognized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (MIUR) and it is issued under the autonomous responsibility of Politecnico di Milano. With regard to the specific meaning of the 1st level master's degree, as per Bologna process, this is a 2nd cycle programme intended to provide students with further specialization or higher continuing education after completion of the first cycle. The Master Degree of first level will release 60 ECTS/CFU credits.
Candidates are advised to check with the relevant authorities in their home countries regarding the validity/recognition of this title in their home countries.
No, you will be provided textbooks by the programme, with the cost included as part of the overall programme fee.
STATUS OF APPLICATIONS: APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 INTAKE ARE OPEN
Candidates activating their application by January 31st, 2021, can be eligible to run for an Early Bird discount of €1000 on their tuition fee.*
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Since the number of seats in class is limited, candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Should the course become fully subscribed before the deadline dates, applications will close earlier.
Non-EU students are encouraged to apply at least three months before the start of the programme in order to allow enough time for the Declaration of Value (DOV) procedure for Italy and establishment of the student visa.
*Check the conditions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this programme is designed for fresh graduates with less than 3 years of work experience. Candidates can apply for the programme starting in September 2021 if they have completed their bachelor/master degree not earlier than 2018. Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree/master degree before 2018 can consider our International MBA programs.
The ideal candidate
- Possesses the potential to acquire and develop advanced quantitative skills
- Has a deep interest in logic and big data technology for creating business value
- Demonstrates well-developed analytical skills and business skills.
- Holds a 3- or 4-year Bachelor’s degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in the areas of Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Science or Statistics from an accredited institution.
STEP 1: ONLINE APPLICATION
- Fill in the form on www.applyformasters.net
- Upload your CV in English, Passport or ID, University Transcripts and Bachelor/Master Degree (if available)
- Pay the Application Fee (EUR 100)
STEP 2: SCREENING OF CANDIDATURE
You will be contacted for the Motivational Interview in English, which will be done online.
STEP 3: SUBMISSION OF FURTHER DOCUMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- GMAT/GRE scores (optional)
- Motivation letter in English
- Digital photo
- English proficiency certificate (IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC or equivalent)
Please note that the admissions process for the masters is on a rolling basis, therefore the sooner you apply the more chance you will have of securing your place in the class, as capacity may be reached before the final application deadlines.
There is no specific form for the recommendation letters; however if you need any help on the ideal template for your application, please contact email@example.com and we can provide you with further assistance in this matter.
FEES AND BENEFITS
The programmes cost €18.500. This amount covers the entire length of the programme, although it does not include living and travel expenses.
For further details about financial aid and contributions you can visit the dedicated webpage.
We turn the future into a part of you.
We offer highly personalised services with the objective of developing the necessary skills, tools and strategy and expanding your professional network, to help you succeed in today’s complex and competitive global job market.
ISO strives to provide a tailor made service to each international candidate and enrolled student by assisting with enrollment and non-academic matters.
Dialogue with colleagues from the master’s programme, two years of experiments and progress and, above all, a mentality devoted to continuous improvement. Martin Leban, AMIE (now IMIE) alumnus, tells us how the idea of a shampoo contained in biodegradable marbles came about. Training in the famil ...
Via Lambruschini 4C - 20156 - Milano - MI
Discover the new format and the 2021 edition of the master We would like to invite you to the online presentation of our International Executive Master in Project Management (ieMPM). Do not miss the opportunity to find out more about the new format, entirely delivered in English and in digital l ...