The Osservatorio Multicanalità (i.e. Omnichannel Consumer Observatory) was established in 2007, it became permanent in 2008 and after 11 years of research it is now the point of reference on the subject for the Italian business community.
About the project
Principal Investigators: Giuliano Noci, Raffaello Balocco
Researcher team:Nicola Spiller, Virginia Giudici, Valentina Palummeri, Mariachiara Primerano
Duration: 11 years
KEY RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The Osservatorio Multicanalità (i.e. Omnichannel Consumer Observatory) was established in 2007, it became permanent in 2008 and after 11 years of research it is now the point of reference on the subject for the Italian business community. It combines data, analysis and insights about the Italian scenario of consumers and companies, by adding an increasingly wider component of divulgation and in-depth analysis regarding the omnichannel field.
The Research 2018 aims at analysing the multichannel purchase process of Italian consumers through the study of evolutionary trends emerging from previous editions and at investigating the evolution of the sales context (Physical & Digital) into a media context.
The Research 2018 focuses on:
- the analysis of the evolution of multichannel consumption scenarios, with a strong emphasis on the theme of eCommerce and its evolution, the Everywhere Commerce, in terms of:
– quantification and qualification of the online purchase with respect to the total internet user;
– profiling of the different purchase styles;
– the analysis of the role of touchpoints within the customer journey from the point of view of Everywhere Commerce;
- analysis of the media use of Italian consumers (TV and Internet).
OUTPUTS & IMPACTS
Final event: Public convention to present the results of the Research and to be a key moment for presenting the Research’s highlights, discussing the Research’s results with the Partners of the Observatory, creating community and raising awareness in companies’ decision-makers and sharing relevant Case Studies.
Report with the summary of the main results, distributed:
- as printed copy to each attendee of the convention, to Partners and Sponsors, to prospects clients or clients specified by Partners and Sponsors, to marketing managers connected to the School of Management of Politecnico di Milano (about 800 reports distributed within the year)
- on the website www.osservatori.net with reports on specific themes
- Results disclosure to the press (presence of both general and specialized press)
- Presentation of the Observatory’s results in the most relevant conferences and public events on related themes