The Observatory was established in 2017 to support companies in understanding the impacts of a customer-centric approach, starting from customer relationship processes.
Osservatorio Omnichannel Customer Experience
About the project
Principal Investigators: Giuliano Noci, Raffaello Balocco
Researcher team: Nicola Spiller, Marta Valsecchi, Virginia Giudici, Valentina Palummeri, Mariachiara Primerano, Sara Zagaria, Chiara Corbo
Duration: 2 years
KEY RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The Observatory was established in 2017 to support companies in understanding the impacts of a customer-centric approach, starting from customer relationship processes. The basic assumptions are that the number of multichannel consumers is by now very high, that their behaviours are greatly varied and it is therefore necessary to define an omnichannel and data-driven customer relationship strategy.
With the 2017 Research the Observatory aims to:
- define a frame of reference to understand how to determine an Omnichannel Customer Experience strategy;
- analyse the state of the art in terms of the strategic approach of Italian companies to Omnichannel Customer Experience (strategy, processes involved, governance, roles, etc.);
- expand on the Data Driven Marketing topic to evaluate the impact of marketing supporting data for customer segmentation and the activation of profiled marketing and customer care strategies;
- outline the value chain supporting companies that are looking to implement Omnichannel Customer Experience strategies;
- monitor the spread of technology solutions supporting Omnichannel Customer Experience strategies of Italian companies;
- map the business model evolution to guarantee consumers a seamless, omnichannel experience in terms of Everywhere Shopping;
- analyse the opportunities and impact of a customer-centric approach to ensure customer loyalty (loyalty management, digital caring, etc.)
OUTPUTS & IMPACTS
Final event: Public convention to present the results of the Research and to be a key moment for presenting the Research’s highlights, discussing the Research’s results with the Partners of the Observatory, creating community and raising awareness in companies’ decision-makers and sharing relevant Case Studies.
Report with the summary of the main results, distributed:
- as printed copy to each attendee of the convention, to Partners and Sponsors, to prospects clients or clients specified by Partners and Sponsors, to marketing managers connected to the School of Management of Politecnico di Milano (about 800 reports distributed within the year)
- on the website www.osservatori.net with reports on specific themes