“The challenge of pursuing impact in research”: now online the new issue of SOMeMagazine
SOMe Issue #8 has been released.
In this issue we discuss the impact of research and the challenge of defining and measuring it.
Stefano Magistretti and Federico Caniato explain how our School is engaged in building an “impact culture” to be encouraged and sustained over time, also using an assessment framework to evaluate the impact of the our research.
To report some impact cases, Enrico Cagno, Giulia Felice and Lucia Tajoli tell the fundamental role of academic research in supporting the green transition in emerging countries, while Diletta Di Marco shows how citizens can contribute in evaluating the social impact of scientific research, choosing whether or not to support a project. Finally Angelo Cavallo talks about the new space-based technologies that bring opportunities for innovation and sustainability and imply new business models.
In our “Stories” we feature the impact of Covid-19 on the life of working women and some projects promoting sustainability in fashion and corporate behaviors.
To read SOMe’s #8 click here.
To receive it directly in your inbox, please sign up here.
- # 1 “Sustainability – Beyond good deeds, a good deal?”
- Special Issue Covid-19 – “Global transformation, ubiquitous responses
- #2 “Being entrepreneurial in a high-tech world”
- #3 “New connections in the post-covid era”
- #4 “Multidisciplinarity: a new discipline”
- #5 “Inclusion: shaping a better society for all”
- #6 “Innovation with a human touch”
- #7 “From data science to data culture: the emergence of analytics-powered managers”